Google details November update fixes for Pixel 6, 6 Pro
The November security patch is now rolling out to all supported Pixel phones – the 3 / XL is currently being discontinued – as the first update to Android 12. Pixel 6 and 6 Pro owners have received the update updated November last week, but Google is only now detailing what’s included.
Most Pixel 6 and 6 Pro owners received the November security update immediately after setting up their devices. However, the company released images of the October plant on Thursday. Resolved issues specific to the latest Google phones include:
- Bluetooth: Audio quality improvements in some scenarios
- Power: Improvements in wireless charging behavior in certain orientations
- System user interface: Improvements in automatic brightness response under certain lighting conditions
- System user interface: Fix to improve PIP media playback with some apps
- Wireless: Fixed to improve connection stability under certain conditions
Meanwhile, the Pixel 3a / XL, 4 / XL, 4a, 4a 5G, 5, 6 and 6 Pro all benefit from:
- audio: Fixed to avoid issues with notification sounds under certain conditions
- Stability: Stability improvements for some third-party applications
- System user interface: Fix to prevent incorrect app icon after installation in some
- System user interface: Fixed to avoid keyboard display problem on apps under certain conditions
- System user interface: Fixed hidden UI elements under certain conditions
- System user interface: Fixed to improve performance of transition animation in Preview screen under certain conditions
Pixel 6 owners should expect a bigger update in December, which appears to be timed with a Drop feature. This includes a display flicker fix and the ability (for all Android 12 devices) to access the “Internet” Quick Settings panel when a phone is locked.
Learn more about the Pixel 6:
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links which generate income. Following.