Fire breaks out at plastics factory: The Tribune India


Tribune press service

Ludhiana, April 5

A major fire broke out at a two-storey plastic manufacturing unit in focal point Neechi Mangli early Tuesday morning. Goods worth hundreds of thousands of rupees were ravaged by the fire. But there was no loss of life or injuries.

According to reports, the fire started around 5 a.m. today. A passer-by after noticing smoke warns the firefighters. Within 10 minutes, firefighters arrived and began extinguishing the flames.

When the fire broke out, the factory was closed. A huge stockpile of plastic lay in the factory, which was reduced to ashes.

Fire station officer Maninder Singh said more than 20 firefighters were used to completely extinguish the flames in more than two hours.

The fire chief said the cause of the fire could be a short circuit, but the exact cause would be known after the probe.

Sources said the factory owner had no fire safety provisions in the unit. The fire department may serve a show cause notice on the plant owner. The sources said that most of the factories in the industrial center had no fire safety devices, so at the time of the fire, the factory staff failed to extinguish the flame at an initial stage.

Comments are closed.