Fire in the Pune manufacturing unit in Nanded phata: 1 man dead, 4 women injured

0

PUNE One person was killed and four others injured after a fire broke out Thursday morning inside a sparkling candle manufacturing unit located at the premises of Bhau Industrial Company, Dhadge industrial zone, Nanded phata , Thursday morning.

Candles are used for small events like birthday parties and the sparkling effect classifies them in the firecracker category.

Police said as many as 17 workers, as well as the owner, were inside the factory when the incident occurred. The whole was completely devastated by the fire.

According to fire officials, the blaze started around 10:30 a.m., after which a series of explosions were heard in the area. A large crowd gathered around the site and eight firefighters were dispatched to the scene. Four women jumped from an upper floor, one of them fracturing her leg. All four were taken to hospital and their condition is stable.

PMC Fire Chief Prashant Ranpise said: “This is an industrial unit with a ground structure plus one producing crackers used for small functions like birthdays. Dense smoke spread throughout the factory area. We took out the body of a man. Four women were injured. They were taken to a private hospital and sent home after receiving necessary medical treatment. ”

In less than 30 minutes, the blaze was brought under control, Ranpise said.

PMRDA fire chief Devendra Potphode said: “The fire took place while weighing the powder used to make the crackers. A spark fell on the powder, causing an explosion and the entire structure burned down in no time.

Police Inspector Sadashiv Shelar from Haveli Police Station, investigating the case, said: “We recovered the body of a man who was charred to the point of no longer recognizable. His identity has not been established. We will have to do a DNA test to find out his identity, ”he said.

The owner of the company has been identified as Dattanand Digambar Bendre (36), and according to eyewitnesses he was present in the factory when the fire broke out. He has not yet been questioned in the case, police said. On the afternoon of June 7 earlier this year, a fire broke out at SVS Aqua-Tech in the Uravade area in Mulshi, Pirangut, killing 17 people.


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.