Few match day restrictions, Nix’s milestone, more
AUBURN, Alabama – It’s official now. The Jordan-Hare Stadium will be open when Auburn opens its season against Akron on Saturday night, and there will be few restrictions.
- Face coverings should be worn on Tiger Transit buses, elevators, press box, and all premium interior spaces for anyone two years of age or older (not actively eating or drinking). Face shields do not meet the medical standard for a face covering.
- Face covers don’t have to be worn at outdoor athletic venues, but the CDC recommends wearing a mask at large gatherings. Face covers should not be worn at outdoor athletic venues, but the CDC recommends wearing a mask in large gatherings.
- Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid delays. The stadium gates and all services open two hours before kick-off. The pre-match begins 20 minutes before kick-off.
- Step-by-step metal detectors will be operational for the 2021 season.
- New metal detection units will be placed at gates 1 and 12 which will not require individuals to empty their pockets to speed up entry into the stadium. These doors will be express lines for individuals without bags. People with bags will need to go to the nearest next door.
- Jordan-Hare Stadium has a clear bag policy.
- Fans are allowed to bring a water bottle or an empty mug to use at the free water refill stations, as well as a clear, factory-sealed water bottle. For added convenience, free water refill stations are available throughout the Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- It is forbidden to bring into the stadium the following items: artificial noise devices, cameras with lenses larger than four inches, non-transparent bags, food and drinks outside, pets, stadium seats with arms, umbrellas, video cameras and weapons (including knives).
- Auburn Athletics will continue to provide digital tickets for the 2021 football season. Digital tickets help increase convenience, flexibility and security for fans on match days. Click here for more information on digital tickets.
- Fans will use digital tickets for season tickets / singles matches and transfers. Digital tickets will be scanned from the ticket holder’s mobile device for entry.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to download their digital tickets before arriving at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Downloading tickets at the gate may take additional time due to the possibility of limited connectivity on match days.
- New pedestal ticket scanners will be located at Gates 1 and 4 on the east side, as well as Gates 12 and 13 on the west side, and in the lobby of the Neville Suite. Fans will place their cell phones under the scanner for contactless entry.